Beta - How conditions work?
If-campaigns - campaigns with conditions - give you more freedom to create follow-up sequences determined by a chosen criterion.
With If-campaigns, we divided the process of creating a campaign into 3 parts. Moreover, we introduced new features which help you manage your campaigns for better results:
- Condition - determined which email sequence will be sent to prospects who opened your message and those who didn't
- Path YES and Path NO - depending on the action a prospects takes, they will be sent a respective follow-up sequence
- Updated follow-up settings - send your follow-ups also within hours after your previous email was sent
- NONRESPONSIVE - a local status which is assigned to prospects who don't respond to any message within that campaign
Now creating your campaigns consists of 3 parts:
Step 1: Create a Path
Here you can read what's new and what features you can use to enhance your campaign's performance.
You can add one condition at any place of your email sequence. This condition splits your Path into another two: Path YES and Path NO.
Simply put, now you can decide what email your prospects will receive next. If the prospects perform the action determined by the condition, Woodpecker will send them emails from Path YES. If not, then Woodpecker will send the sequence from Path NO.
What is the condition?
A condition defines the action your prospect takes, which triggers the next email from your sequence to be sent.
That is if your prospect does A → Path YES starts. If a prospect doesn't do A, as expected → Path NO begins.
There are 2 conditions to choose from:
- If a prospect has opened an email more than X times - specify how many times (X) you want a prospect to open your email for a condition to be met. X stands for the number and it can be changed.
- If a prospect has opened an email - it's enough that a prospect opened your email at least once for a condition to be met.
Hover over the condition so the red X appears. Click it and then confirm with the red button "Yes, I'm sure". Please mind that removing the condition will delete all emails from Path NO.
By adding a condition you create 2 Paths: YES and NO.
For the prospects who opened your email within a certain time ( days/hours).
- If the selected condition is met, that is if your prospect opened your email more than X times, Woodpecker will send them the message from the Path YES next.
For those recipients who didn't open your email within a certain time.
- If your prospect didn't open your email within the time you set in the time window (specified in days or hours), the follow-up from Path NO will be sent to them.
Here's how your campaign looks like after adding a condition. Switch between the Paths by clicking YES and NO.
Now you can add more emails to each sequence. When all of the emails are sent and no response is registered from a prospect, they are marked with a status
Step 2: Add prospects
First, add your prospects manually or import them either from a CSV file or Prospects database.
In the example above, you can see 3 prospects who were added to the campaign. You can filter them by Status, Campaign, whether they were contacted or not, the file they were Imported from and by the Tags. Learn more about tagging your prospects.
Step 3: Send
See an overview of your campaign:
How many emails you have in each Path.
The number of prospects, who were added to the campaign.
The email address you use for sending this campaign. You can change it in this step.
Send a copy of this campaign to another email address.
We encourage you to preview your campaign even before sending a test email.
Preview Path YES and Path NO by switching between them. They are marked in green and blue color respectively so you can quickly distinguish one from another.
Okay, so once you hit the "Send" button your campaign has been running successfully. You can quickly see all the details by clicking the "Actions" tab.
- Click Export as csv. to download these stats in a file. See more about exporting data from Woodpecker.
- To see all the emails in the sequence click the arrow on the right of either Path YES (marked in green) or Path NO (in blue).
- Expand to see the details: email copy, Delivery Time, or time zone.
Check "Last Activity" to see which Path was sent to a particular your prospect. Click the black arrow right next to the Interest level smileys to see the details. Hover over the blue icons to preview your prospect's journey.